Seattle is located in the Pacific Northwest and is home to rich cultural diversities and entertainment. The place is hugged by amazing locations and places making it an ideal destination for a short escape. From the tour-friendly San Juan Islands to the soaring crest of North Cascades, the majority of the fun lies outside the city. Being one of the popular cities in Washington, the best thing about the weekend getaways in Washington is that you do not need to travel very far to enjoy the scenic attractions. The places discussed in this article will take a maximum of 3 hours to reach, which means that the travel time is not going to be a big problem. Read more to find out the top getaways.
Olympic National Park–
You can witness the beautiful convergence of the sea and the rainforests here. It takes around 2.5 hours from Seattle. It’s a big area of land starting from Puget Sound and ending at the Pacific Ocean. Moreover, the park is itself huge- it occupies one million acres of land. But how you’ll explore this huge place? Below mentioned are some of the interesting things to do in Olympic National Park-
- Hurricane Ridge– Best for hiking experience as it offers incredible views and wonderful trails to explore.
- The Hoh Rainforest- It is by far the best rainforest that you’ll get to see. The beautiful combination of the hardwoods, softwoods, and mosses makes it an ideal destination for exploring the best tropical rainforest of the country. You can also drive from Port Angeles to get a quick sneak-peak through the moss-covered forest.
- Pacific Coast Beaches- Are you a beach person? Seattle has some wild beaches for you to explore and each of them has unique views and amenities. Rialto is best for sunset and surfing views. The Ruby Beach and the Kaloch is a paradise for bird lovers.
Mount Rainier National Park–
It’s a perfect destination for mountain lovers. It takes 2.5 hours from Seattle and the place has everything to surpass your expectations. This is one of the best weekend getaways in Washington as it has so much to offer to its visitors. Be it summer or winter, both seasons have exceptional offerings for you. In summers you can go hiking and see the beautiful blooms everywhere. In winters, the place turns into a white wonderland because of huge snowfall. One of the most-visited locations of Mount Rainier National Park is Paradise, having interesting things to explore. Some of the top places to explore in Paradise include-
- Hiking the trails to explore the beautiful mountain views and the panoramic landscapes of the Tatoosh range.
- Reflection lake– Here you get to capture the breathtaking views of the sunrise and sunset.
- Packwood– It is a small town situated in the heart of Paradise. If you’re a coffee lover and if you feel that you need to rejuvenate, head to the mountain goat as it is the best place for having coffee.
This is one of the most underrated weekend getaways in Washington. It gives an amazing hiking experience with magnificent views. What’s more? You won’t find too much of crowd in this place so you enjoy peace and serenity. The most favorite trail if this Mountain is the Yellow Aster Butte having a steep climb. Some other exotic attractions include the Lake Ann and the Chain Lakes Loop. If you want to enjoy some mesmerizing views, you’ll want to visit the Artist Point and the Picture Lake.